Choosing a Realtor to List & Sell my Home in Florida
Wilton Manors Luxury Home | Fort Lauderdale Real Estate | Written by Frank Vigliotti, Realtor, ABR, CDPE, PA | http://www.HenriFrank.com
Recently, a person is buying a single family home at $1,100,000 and also selling their existing home at $400,000 in Wilton Manors, Florida, where one of our offices is located and the primary location for the Henri Frank Group at RE/MAX Preferred, chose a realtor based on the number of the yard signs they’ve seen in the neighborhood. Anyone would agree $1,500,000 of properties is an impressive amount of sales to add to a selling portfolio and when I think a seller of their home, who is also buying a million dollar home would choose a Realtor on that basis is shocking to me.
“The first important decision you will make in the buying and selling process is choosing a REALTOR®”. Ask yourself these questions:
How do I gauge the REALTORS® qualifications by their yard signs? Does a FOR SALE SIGN really tell the true skills and abilities of the real estate agent? You are investing your hard earned money on a new home.
Keep in mind selling your home is your investment and it is extremely important that you earn as much from this investment that you can. Ranking a REALTOR® by the number of their yard signs being installed and how quickly they are removed is one of the least reasons to choose a Realtor to represent you on the sale of your property.
It will be important if the Realtor you are considering has a listing presentation to show you the many things they do for their customer. I believe by having a well thought and well organized presentation is a reflection of how the Realtor will represent you and your property. Most listing presentations should answer the important questions you need answers to make a logical and educated decision of their knowledge of the Real Estate Market and their ability to sell your investment.
First, I strongly recommend that you interview more than one real estate agent.
Then be prepared to ask key questions:
- Is the Realtor selling real estate part time or full time?
- How many properties have you listed in the last year?
- How many properties that you listed have you successfully closed in the last year?
- From the list price compared to selling price, what was the average amount?
- What are the price ranges of homes, townhomes and condominiums you have listed and sold?
- Ask the Real Estate agent to show you their listing data from previous listings that was presented to other agents and to the public. Does the agent fully complete the data sheet with all the information about the properties they list.
- Pictures help sell properties and are a key factor in getting the attention of the perspective buyer. Does the realtor use the maximum number of picture slots provided by their local MLS? Do the pictures truly show the properties assets?
- A very important question presented to the agent, how do you utilize online advertising and marketing? Data from the National Association of Realtors says nearly 93% of real estate buyers use the internet to make their purchase.
Call the Henri Frank Group at REMAX Preferred for more information about selling your property. We service sellers in Palm Beach County, Broward and Miami-Dade County, Florida, USA. Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Wilton Manors, Tamarac, Parkland, Boca Raton, Pompano Beach, Deerfiled Beach, Delray Beach, Hollywood, Plantation and Hillsboro Beach. With any questions or to get a FREE CMA [Comparative Market Analysis], Call us at 954-604-9999.
For more information on selling your home: http://henrifrank.com/sellers/why-sell-with-henri-frank-group/