Selling South Florida Real Estate | 5-questions to ask your REALTOR®
Fort Lauderdale Real Estate / Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Agents / Selling South Florida Real Estate
When you are considering selling your home, condominium or townhome there are key questions that you should ask the Real Estate agents you are interviewing. Well, let me start by saying, interview the Real Estate agents that specialize in listing South Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale properties and communities throughout South Florida. As a seller who is paying for the listing agents services, explore your options, there are many especially here in South Florida. Throughout Miami-Dade County, Palm Beach County and Broward County, there are nearly 45,000 REALTORS®. The Greater Fort Lauderdale REALTORS® Association is the largest Real Estate Association in the USA.
There are many steps involved when listing a single family home, condominium, townhome or villa. Multifamily dwellings, like duplex, triplex and larger properties also require extra things to do to effectively list the property.
(1) How many properties have you successfully listed and sold in the past year and what is the price range from these sales? The more experience the Realtor has with listing properties, the better chance you will have selling quickly and at the highest price. The process of listing a property in Florida is challenging and proven strategies that have already worked is worth a lot to you as a seller of your property.
(2) Where are the locations of the properties listed? The answer to this question will tell you a lot of information about the experience of this REALTOR®. If you own a luxury property in Fort Lauderdale and the REALTOR® has only sold homes under $100,000 in Miami, is this really the listing agent for you to sell your luxury property?
(3) What media do you use to advertise and market your listings, both online and in print? You want as much exposure as you can get. The more print ads your REALTOR® runs in newspapers and magazines, the better chance you will have to sell quickly. Online advertising is more important than ever before in selling Real Estate in 2013. New reports demonstrate that 92% of people who are buying Real Estate go to the worldwide web and search the many websites available to them to explore the area they want to purchase. And also be sure your REALTOR® participates in Social Media. It has been controversial whether or not the efforts of Social Media by your REALTOR® is time well spent or not, but it my experience, it works and it is an added feature to our listing services for our sellers.
(4) What will the marketing and advertising budget be for your listing? A portion of the commission you pay the listing agent should be used to market and advertise your property. Some will argue that the basic Multiple Listing Service [MLS] is enough to expose the property for sale. The Henri Frank Group strongly disagree with that philosophy and our strategies for listing a property here in South Florida are proven successful by the number of homes, condos , townhomes, villas and rental income properties we sell month after month, year after year.
(5) Are you a full time REALTOR®? This could be a deal breaker for me if when I interviewed my REALTOR® and they only worked at their Real Estate business as a secondary form of income. You want someone who eats, breathes and lives Real Estate. That commitment, that passion and experience in the 2013 market is extremely important. The ways we sell Real Estate in 2013 are ever changing. There are short sales, foreclosure properties, and regular, not distressed resale properties. Your listing agent should be an expert about all aspects of the market. They should know the neighborhood and have knowledge of the many changes in the mortgage process and the insurance process, etc. The better versed the REALTOR®, the better the transaction will go from start to the closing.
If you are considering selling your home and you don’t know where to begin, tackle this task very carefully and with knowledge of the process. Contact REALTORS® that are experienced and who know the process of selling real estate from A to Z. Henri Vezie and Frank Vigliotti, founders of the Henri Frank Group at REMAX Preferred located in Fort Lauderdale, Wilton Manors, Plantation and Hillsboro Shores are centrally located to all neighborhoods from South Beach in Miami Dade County to Jupiter in Palm Beach County. They are Florida state licensed REALTORS® and Certified Distressed Property Experts [CDPE]. The passion for their real estate business is obvious by the hundreds of transactions they’ve done in just the past 24-months. From foreclosure properties to short sales to the traditional resale, the experience they’ve gained by being proactive in the South Florida Real Estate Market is a benefit to their clients, both buyers and sellers.
Contact us for more information about selling your home.
Henri Vezie, Realtor, CDPE, PA (954) 465-6615
Office Phone Number: (954) 604-9999
2810 East Oakland Park Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33308