“Miami Beach is a completely interesting hybrid because it is, on the one hand, a resort and, on the other hand, a real city. This condition of city and water on two sides I think is really amazing,” said Rem Koolhas, the Dutch architect. According to the Miami Herald, the South Florida real estate market has been fairly hot for international investors lately. Florida’s lack of income tax is attractive to individuals with high net worths and companies alike.
Are you interested in Miami Beach real estate? Now’s a good time to invest — Miami hasn’t seen the same drastic slumps the rest of the U.S. market has, and the average price of sold homes continues to rise steadily upward. However, if you want to find a great deal, you’ll need to find a realtor with experience and a good sense of the local market. Here are our top tips for for getting the most affordable real estate sale.
Why You Should Find an Experienced Realtor
- You can avoid falling under the allure of home staging. Although staging is important for helping you to imagine how you’ll use the home’s space, it can also make you more willing to pay an exorbitant selling price without realizing it.
- A good agent will match you up with the homes you are looking for, without wasting time on properties that lack your specifications. If you’re on a limited time budget, this can be an important asset. Experienced real estate teams often know about new properties before they officially go to market.
- Experienced real estate agents can help to negotiate a good selling price. An inexperienced agent won’t be hard enough, losing your money, or will push too much, losing you the sale.
- Look for someone who has several clients, indicating they’re sought-after, but not so many that they won’t be able to give you the time and focus your home-search deserves.
- Ask about fee structures, and aim for a mid-range agent: a discount agent might not work as hard to connect you with the home of your dreams.
Do you have tips on how to find a realtor in the Miami South Florida region? Let us know in the comments what your experience has been.